Thursday, July 31, 2008

Public speaking


Hi,

I used to think I knew so much in Public till yesterday. I have been a little slow on updating this blog, because I got really busy with a presentation (that is another story).

I volunteered for a minute presentation. As I left the hall, it dawned on me I really wouldn't have time to work on my speech..besides, I (as leader of my group), had to co-ordinate our activities, which we had to present the very next day. Talk of trying to co-ordinate a group of Men (old older than yourself), from 5 different nations (Cote D'Ivoire, Reunion, Togo, Cameroon and Rwanda). Well we needed prayers really bad..and most especially answerd prayer.

I want to testify that God does answer prayer. He made all beautiful and our presentation was wonderful. Now I can see more clearly, how God can make something beautiful out of a mess.

DDAY
Back to our topic, I sat with my heart pounding hard in my chest as if this was the first time I was ever going to give a public speech. Man, I surprised myself, with this feeling. The First presenter went through and was given a tap on the back. My turn now (and it was being video taped!). Phew. I stood there all wired and hit the topic. All my 'upper-cut' phrases disappeared and I had to make do with what I had scribbled. As the thoughts rushed though my mind, I fumbled through some words, tried to take the crowd in, keeping everyone interested and responsive! The bell went, indicating 2 minutes were already gone. I had to round up. How did it go you may ask. Not bad at all. The negative and positive comments came, but in it all I learned my lessons on PUBLIC SPEAKING.

It was a good day.

Love
Inno <><

No comments:

::Deron Ariel Inno Linda & Jude ::[Jesus is Lord]

Results