Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Color blind?

Are you color blind?

I work with people from 'vastly' different backgrounds. People of different color, religion, culture, tastes and preferences. For a long time I placed racism in a different class from tribalism or preferential treatment based on belonging.

Today, I was sending out work to one of my church teams and suddenly it dawned on me that I unknowingly was classifying them in groups with respect to their origin. Unconciously I was being tribalistic! This came as a total shocker to me, as I never considered myself tribalistic. In this case I was considering the fact that these were french speaking rather than the fact that they were members of my team. This realisation made me re-adjust my thinking immediately as I repented of my attitude.

Are you trully color blind?

We need to constantly review our thoughts and motives to ensure we're not discriminating or fueling discrimination.

God help me to be color blind.

Innocent

No comments:

::Deron Ariel Inno Linda & Jude ::[Jesus is Lord]

Results