Thursday, December 11, 2008

In times like these


Hello

Hope you are keeping strong despite the times, we live in!

I generaly do not like driving at night. Here, poor visibility and nightmarish traffic is guaranteed within that period - a perfect mix for an incident!

I hired a taxi made sure I had the right note and sat quietly taking in the sounds and cool of the night. The 45 minutes ride was over and the driver demanded his due. confidently, I pulled out the note from my pocket and waited for change. I began getting concerned as I saw him fumble the note, poke it under his torch light then examined it some more. I tried to protest but he simply handed me back the money and drove off without a statement! At that period in the night, he probably thought I was one of the 'men of the underworld'!

I was embarassed. All through I knew the note I had in hand was 100% authentic. Someone had given me a fake note which I had confidently carried around with me. On closer examination, that is when I discovered it was just a plain old fake counterfeit!

Are you living on 'fake' hopes?

It is a miserable thing indeed to put one's hope/trust in, knowledge, money, eductaion, connections, nothig, popularity, self etc. At the end of our individual journeys on Earth, the real value of these will be seen. Emptiness.

Jesus said, "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE".  Someday, we will each be required to give an account on how we applied this statement. News Headlines in the last month depicts a world in the process of crumbling (financial crisis, extreme child(ren) abuse, senseless murders, floods, wars, secterian/religious violence etc). The Life can only add value to yours but first, you need to let Jesus live in you and through you.

...and if you've done so already what about a review of your life as December kicks in!

All the best in HIM.

Inno

www.associate.com/groups/practical

Get real, Get life
--
The truth never changes.Do you know Him?
www.forteh.blogspot.com
http://forteh.googlepages.com/home
www.inno4te.net.tc
www.associate.com/groups/practical

No comments:

::Deron Ariel Inno Linda & Jude ::[Jesus is Lord]

Results