Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 1 Day 1- Rebelution and other ‘musings’

Somedays you just feel inspired and not on others. I woke up this morning feeling inspired.

A few things happenned yesterday that really got me thinking again... First, I started reading the book "do hard things" by the Harris twin, Brett and Alex ( founders of the Rebelution). The whole idea is teenagers should not buy into the definition secular society seeks to ''slap" them with. Teens can be respobnsible, they can figure out difficult situations and handle difficult tasks with professionalism. Case in point, a few weeks ago, while visiting Leeds, my relative took me to his Local Care Force office where I met this young man, who I estimate  to be between 14-16 years in age. He not only dressed smart, but spoke smartly. first impressions, you couldn't make a difference between him and any other adult working there. I've read a few pages only but really excited about the prospect.

Second, we lost a dear brother. His transition into eternity has been a painful process as he has been sick for quite a long time. As a church we prayed. I believe God can heal, even today. That at least is the promise we get from Him when we read His word, the Bible. Healing may not always occur, in a way we wish but this doesn't mean it's not taken place. As men, we're gifted to see only one side of the story. If we could by some means get the full picture, in every situation, I guess we'd have a better opinion on a huge range of issues. That aside, I was informed about his death around 21h. As I drove to the hospital, my mind couldn't help meditatiing on the conversations we had when he was very much alive. As we all stood around the lifeless body, I saw again the shallowness in things and fighting for things here under.

I asked myself these questions. Who defines success in terms of possession of objects? How can we really consider wealth as having the ability to buy the life we want to live, whereas our lives are so brief? What is the real purpose of life, if at the end we must die? As these thoughts went through my mind, his young widow whom I was holding asked to touch his head...one last time. It was heart breaking. She broke out in tears again...I thought about his young kids..both still toddlers. Somehow I know, God has everything under control.

In the face of this situation possessions mean nothing. Eternity is everything. No matter what we have now, or will have later, in can't compare to eternity. Living your life as if Eternity was a fable is foolishness at the highest level. A true rebelution should focus on making our teens 'eternity' minded rather than temp. pleasures minded. The devil is still the lair who seeks to make us feel that which is important is that which can be had now. The gadgets, the pleasure, the possessions. It's a vain thing to live your life in pursuit of things or pleasure. True peace comes from knowing God and serving Him as He defines and not as you define. Jesus said, come to me...and I'll give you rest.

Rebel against the urges of the temporal, fixate your sight on the eternal!

Peace.

Inno

No comments:

::Deron Ariel Inno Linda & Jude ::[Jesus is Lord]

Results